"Creativity is a drug I cannot live without."
Cecil B. DeMille

Monday, October 7, 2013

Critiquing Blogs!


For class, I'm going to look over the whole entire list of blogs from my classmates.  Some may need a bit of critiquing while some may not need as much.  I'll be looking over each page and give an opinion among each and every one of them.  No hatin' here :)


Pictures of using the programs would be nice just to show you have played around with the programs/apps.  Using skitch to point out dislikes or likes would be nice too.



I really like the background especially with fall here with the colors warm and welcoming. I like how he provides information about himself which is always a good start to let the readers get to know a person. I feel like maybe have the layout a bit more compact, but overall nice blog.



_________________________________________________________________________

I really like how organized the blog is and the template is pretty nice.


There should be an "About Me" section on the side, just to give the readers an idea of who you are real quick.  I like the different columns especially the "Popular Posts."  I like the title headings below. You used Skitch and posted pictures using the the programs which is helpful.  Overall, great job.

_________________________________________________________________________

3. Alexis' Blog
   There should also be a title for the blog. The template seems a bit dark, maybe could use a little more color. Need to use more pictures interacting with the apps and programs to compare the difference of what you like and what not.



The pictures in one blog wouldn't load at all, might be a broken link.  Add more info about yourself.  Nice job!

_________________________________________________________________________

4. Ted's Blog
http://computertechsystems.blogspot.com/

 I like the transparent background with the water droplets, look realistic with glass. He added pictures on comparing other programs and I can see he used Skitch. The title of the blog needs a little more oomph.

  Add a little more info in "About Me." Overall, nice looking blog!

_________________________________________________________________________


5.
Robert'sBlog
http://redwingrob.blogspot.com

 I like the title of the blog and the font used for it in cursive. The background layout is nice and transparent.  It gives it an artsy look.  I like the add-ons on the right side of the blog with YouTube and the news.  Gives readers something to do while checking out the blog.


In the blogs, pictures should be added of him using the programs and apps comparing them all. The green font that is all capitalize bothered my eyes for a bit. Other than that, great job!

_________________________________________________________________________

6. James' Blog
http://jamesnhill.blogspot.com/

The first thing I noticed about James' blog is the template layout.  I always like transparent backgrounds. The template gives it a nice comforting feel. I noticed his profile was towards the bottom and should be brought up to the top.



I noticed with the blogs he didn't use any screenshots of comparisons between the programs that were used to test out (Google Drive Vs. SkyDrive & OpenOffice Vs. Libre). I like the graphics used for the critique of the blogs. Great job!


_________________________________________________________________________

7. Tyler's Blog
http://jimison0tyler.blogspot.com/

With Tyler's blog, first thing I noticed was the title and the picture.  I find it humorous and interesting.  The blog seems a bit dark and plain, but has really thorough blogs written.

I noticed there were no pictures used interacting with the programs that were assigned for the class to play around with on there.  Nice blog though, he thoroughly wrote well-written blogs on the products and himself.

_________________________________________________________________________

8.
Jane's Blog
http://janiegirls.blogspot.com/
 

I really like the background of Jane's blog.  She should add a picture of herself for her profile. I like how she uses a lot of pictures representing the programs used for class, but needs more interacting with them.

The pictures and the text just need to be aligned better and more organized to make it easier to read.  Nice blog, the pictures bring more attention to me as I looked through it.

_________________________________________________________________________

9. Scotty's Blog
http://thephoenixhub.blogspot.com/

The blog is a bit dark it seems.  Nice that he used pictures comparing the products.  Needs to add a picture of himself on his profile.  He needs to catch up on his blogs too it seems.


The picture here is going off the edge of the column, but that's an easy fix in the layout menu customizing the width.  Nice job on making lists on pros and cons of the programs.



_________________________________________________________________________

10. Amber's Blog
http://amberdawnzie.blogspot.com

I really like the background and the simplicity of it in a classy way.  It's nice she added a picture to it, but I can't seem to find her profile.



The blogs are written thoroughly and organized. Just need to catch up on the blogs.




_________________________________________________________________________

11. Chris' Blog
http://whittstopher.blogspot.com/

I once again like the transparent background here.  He needs to add more pictures interacting with the programs using Skitch.

Great blog post on something personal that happened to you.  Free Snapple stuff! I'm sorry you took a bit of a drink from that fuzzy nucleus lookin' goodness, haha.



_________________________________________________________________________

12. Chris B's Blog

http://lordsfallenpaladin.blogspot.com/

I noticed the background template dark, but in all honesty it matches up with his username "Fallen" along with the graphics which is nice.  It's nice he added a picture of himself.



I like how he added gadgets on the side of different type of news especially towards computer tech.  Good job on adding pictures and using Skitch comparing programs.



This critique was done for class assigned by my teacher in IT104.  I mostly notice that some blogs were plain and simple with no color to it or pictures that bring to my attention, but the good thing about it is there's always a way to fix that.  Hopefully, it benefits the others on a positive note!

1 comment: